Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:54:39 -0300
From:      Daniel Gerzo <danger@rulez.sk>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc:        "doc@freebsd.org" <doc@freebsd.org>, "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for Documentation Contributors

I actually think there is some point in this idea. The problem is that many t=
imes we just leave notes or warnings specific for given releases, which can m=
any times lead to confusion (or people just don't notice) and as time goes a=
nd we cut the support for given releases they get stale (e.g. We had many of=
 those for 5.x).

We could just maintain the handbook in separate branches like we do with src=
, keeping them all built online, and merge relevant things where appropriate=
. This will, however, add quite a lot (for my taste) of additional work for u=
s.

Daniel Gerzo