Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:59:04 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Is it just me, or are people forgetting how to write mail?

It seems to me that in the last couple of months the number of
hard-to-read mail messages has significantly increased.  I've come to
expect poorly prepared messages from -questions, and I've written a
web page to try to stop people from doing the nasty things they do,
but lately I've noticed a tendency creeping in to the more technical
mailing lists as well.  In particular, people are starting not to
interleave answer and original text, the original reason for quoting
messages, but just appending them at the end of the message, so that
after about three iterations you have to look in four different places
to find the references.

Am I just getting intolerant in my old age, or do other people see
this as a problem as well?

Oh, and this way I'll see if -chat is still alive :-)

Greg