Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:26:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   troubles with upgrade

i was trying to upgrade using quick and dirty metod of /stand/sysinstall
--> upgrade in parts bin and ports under 3.2 fbsd
it was just rather questionalbe success :))
so some questions and brief describing of the current situation
1)What is the defaault target of upgrade method of /stand/sysinstall?
2)After rebooting the machine does not see the kernel so i can boot
 only using boot kernel.prev to boot my old kernel.how i have to deal with
it?
3)the worst of all:my printer refuse to work with some pretty strange
messages.I send some jobs to queue then used lpq(1) and got folowing:
lp down
daemon is not present
the daemon was surely started from /etc/rc.conf ,though and lpc start all
made also.So i would say i cannot cope with problem on my own and i need
your help.If the message is some how out of the rools accepted in this
mailing list ,please,give me a notice.i am green horn here :))and in most
questions concerning fbsd also :))
Any questions aimed to clear the situation of mine are welcome.

Regards