Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:26:34 +0800
From:      Deman Hassan <s9810048@mmu.edu.my>
To:        "Rick Winstead" <winsteadr@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 4.4

On Monday 12 November 2001 12:12 pm, Rick Winstead wrote:
> JUST GOT A QUICK QUESTION?  DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED FREEBSD 4.4, INSTALLED
> SW ON A CLEAN DRIVE AND SETUP RAN FINE I GUESS.  THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS
> WHEN THE PC REBOOTED TO LOAD FREEBSD, IT AS FOR A LOGIN: NAME AND
> PASSWORD:. I'VE LOOKE THRU ALL THE README FILES I CAN FIND ON THE CD I
> CREATED AND FOUND NOTHING.  PLEASE, WHAT IS THE LOGIN ID AND PASSWORD OR
> HAVE I DONE SOMETHING WRONG DURING THE SETUP PROCESS?
>
> THANKS

Hi,
Did you set any pasword during installation? I mean that there is a time
during installation where the installer ask for your root password. That's
the password you need during login ( in case you don't create any user
account ).

Just put login as root and password with whatever you have set during
installation. Enjoy.

-dmn