Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:37:03 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Mike Patterson <mpatters@cs.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: evolution 1.4.x, calendar view, and date/time display

> From: Mike Patterson <mpatters@cs.uwaterloo.ca>
> Date: 18 Jul 2003 21:15:56 +0000
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
>
> However, evo still thinks that I'm in GMT.  Previously I'd run into this
> and the problem just... fixed itself somehow.  Now it's showing mail
> that I know arrived at 1530h to have arrived at 1930h (yes, I'm GMT-4,
> Eastern).  My system clock is set to GMT - I suspect that perhaps evo
> isn't taking this offset into account, although my grasp of Unix time
> issues + offsets + gnome apps is shaky at best.

I see the same thing, but I have a hardware clock running local time
as the box is dual boot. So that isn't the problem. And I have
repeatedly removed Evo and lots of libs without improvement. After
re-building much of Gnome with no improvement, I've pretty much given
up for now.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)