Date:      Sat, 7 Jul 2007 03:41:13 -0700
From:      David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gimpshop howto start?

Hi

I posted this to the gimp mailing list but the list seems to have a v. low=
=20
activity and few postings. There is no reply so far. So hopefully there is=
=20
someone here who can point me in the right direction.

I have installed ports/gimpshop on Freebsd 6.1. I want to compare=20
its functionality with photoshop with which I am extremely familar and use=
=20
extensively on my Win XP system.

I have started gimp and have two =A0newbie questions.

1. How do I get to start gimpshop? The docs seem to have detailed=20
documentation but although I have searched <much head scratching> -- I seem=
=20
unable to find anything that tells me how to get the gimpshop interface=20
running :-(=20

2. I found that gimp will itself will open *.jpg but does not open raw file=
s -=20
In my case in need to be able to open canon raw files *.cr2 and would also=
=20
like to be able to open photoshop *.psd files.=20

Here is a list of the relevant gimp packages installed and OS version info:

# pkg_info |grep gimp
gimp-2.2.15,2 =A0 =A0 =A0 The "meta-port" for The Gimp
gimp-help-0.12 =A0 =A0 =A0GIMP user's manual
gimp-print-4.2.7_3 =A0GIMP Print Printer Driver
gimpshop-2.2.11_5 =A0 GIMP fork resembling Adobe Photoshop

# uname -a
=46reeBSD --- 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0: Sun May =A07 04:15:57 UTC=
 2006 =A0 =A0=20
root@bloom.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP =A0amd64

Thanks in advance

david