Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 1997 15:34:15 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: External Monitors?

> Has anyone listening here actually hooked an external monitor up to their
> laptop under FreeBSD?  I'm sort of hung right now and I'm wondering if
> anyone has any XF86Config data on something like this.

Yes.  Want to describe your problem a little beter?

On the Toshiba I'm using I have a default mode (800x600) suited to the
LCD.  If I want to use an external screen I hotkey to the external
screen and use the XF86 alt-ctrl-plus sequence to swap to a VESA
1024x768 mode.  There's nothing terribly magic about any of this, so we
should be able to get you going pronto.

mike