Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2006 02:40:14 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Thomas Wahyudi <thomas@sanbe-farma.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP 5 with Apache 1.3

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Thomas Wahyudi wrote:

 > Ian Smith wrote:
 > > Hi all,
 > >
 > > bit of a long saga, and a (by now) humble question ..
 > >
 > > I reinstalled php5-5.2.0 from its package, after having to deinstall
 > > php 4 and reinstall 5 after the only major glitch on a portupgrade -aPP
 > > on a 5.5-STABLE system upgrading old ports, mostly from 5.4-R days.
 > >
 > ... cut
 >
 > > What do I need to do to get Apache to execute mod_php5 on .php files?
 > >
 > > Cheers, Ian
 > >
 > have you check output from /var/log/httpd-error.log ? it should type
 > some php version if the php is working correctly or
 > could you paste here the log from /var/log/httpd-error.log after you
 > restart the apache ( assuming you install apache from port too )

Thanks Thomas,

 [Tue Dec 19 01:25:42 2006] [notice] Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/5.2.0 with
   Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations
 [Tue Dec 19 01:25:42 2006] [notice] Accept mutex: flock (Default: flock)

No, I'd installed apache-1.3.37_1 from the package, but that's not the
problem.  No errors at all appear in httpd-error.log since the build.

I've just now tried what should have been step #1, a /phpinfo.php page:
  <?php phpinfo(); ?>
which works just fine, so now I can concentrate on finding out what's
wrong with my phpMyAdmin config .. maybe some cruft from earlier.

The weird thing is that fetching /localhost/phpmyadmin/ Mozilla offers,
as mentioned, to save the file "" of type application/x-httpd-php, but
whether I cancel or go ahead and save the file under the chosen random
name - which works fine and is identical to /phpmyadmin/index.php -
absolutely NOTHING gets logged to httpd-access.log, either way .. ?

Anyway, more news (or questions) when I do (or don't) figure it out.

Cheers, Ian