Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:39:18 -0800
From:      Clint Olsen <clint@0lsen.net>
To:        Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reverse engineering x11/xorg for VNC build

On Jan 19, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> You are probably looking for
> x11-servers/xorg-server/files/patch-FreeBSD.cf You can probably just
> throw a #define FreeBSDCC	cc #define FreeBSDCFLAGS in host.def or
> define them on imake command line or something... I don't quite
> understand what you are doing there, but feel free to contact me if you get
> lost among Imakes :)

I'm basically interested in doing a 'make World' in the tree.  With VNC, in
order to build the vncserver (Xvnc for all practical purposes), you
actually build the darn thing in the X source tree.  Building X is not my
favorite waste of time, so I thought I'd leverage the work already done in
the ports system.  So, I created a link tree so all the patches and goodies
applied would be seen when I built this thing.  However, finding out even
what the heck the top-level build command is in the ports system is not as
easy as one would think.  And yes, I have gone to the webpage to see how a
port is made.

-Clint