Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:57:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Here's a NATD thingy to try out...

I'm using 2.2.6 - and perhaps this has already been addressed in 2.2.7;
and maybe 3.0.

But, on an "interior" host (one which is not directly connected to
the internet); when I use netscape and try to get to AOL (it's just
an example page I've found), I discover that the page will never
make it.

However, if I login to the gateway machine, which is the direct
connection to the internet and which also is the host where natd is
running... I'm able to get to the aol site without a problem.

Doesn't this "smell" of packet reconstruction problems?

Anyway, if someone who is using natd on 3.0, or 2.2.7 could try to
access the aol home page:

	http://www.aol.com

from an interior host... (and compare that to the retrieval speed
when on the gateway machine) I'd appreciate it.

	- Thanks -
	- Dave R. -