Date:      Wed, 07 Aug 2002 11:43:39 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        jason <jason@monsterjam.org>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lock ups with firewire drive

At Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:33:09 -0400 (EDT),
jason wrote:
> I tested the drive by mounting it a few times and copying a few mp3s to
> it. It seemed to work fine. anyway, Ive had the box lock up on me twice
> when using the firewire hard drive.. once when mounting it. (it was
> previously formatted, and mounted/unmounted without issue) and one time
> when copying a lot (about 60Meg) of data to it. the console was
> unresponsive and I didnt see any error messages in the syslog. Could this
> be a known issue? Is there anything I can do to help debug/troubleshoot
> this?

I have experienced several probe failure with a Maxtor drive
right after power-on the drive. But if I waited for a while after
power-on, it works fine.

Could you send me the output of `camcontrol devlist -v` when the
problem occurs again?
If it really lockups the OS, please send me the backtrace by DDB.

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html