Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:10:19 +0200
From:      "Morten A . Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MAKEDEV 4.4-STABLE still offering problems

I have never set the CPUTYPE in /etc/make.conf, and still MAKEDEV misbehaves.
Most of my FreeBSD boxes use AMD Athlon, don't know if that could have
anything to do with it. Just for fun I tried setting CPUTYPE=k7 in make.conf,
recompile sh (maybe I need to recompile the whole lot) and then running
MAKEDEV all. It failed, again.

--
Morten A. Middelthon
Freenix Norge