Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 15:31:47 +1200
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   reformatting part of a drive

This is urgent.  If anyone can answer this quickly it would make a big
difference to me.

I have a 10.2GB drive which I've partitioned, and put some important data in
the last partition.  I'm now ready to set up the system which I intended to
reside in the  second partition, and I've realised there is a problem.

I have made the first partition, more than 1024 cylinders long, so it seems I
will need to re-arrange things in order to boot from the second partition.

Can I do this safely without risking the data stored on the last partition?
Is it just a case of makeing sure that the partition editor indicates the same
offset and size for the partition when I set up the new layout?

Andrew McNaughton