Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:54:19 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        Yurij Goncharuk <lnkgyv@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: commiter

On Oct 20, 2010, at 3:41 PM, Yurij Goncharuk wrote:

> Hello everybody. May I interest, what I must to do, to be commiter =
with
> write permissions?

These things are not granted easily. Reason for that is that =
documentation is one of the vital
parts of a software product that you can have. The better the =
surrounding documentation
(next to very good software product ofcourse) can assist in making =
something a winner.

Now, I achieved my commit bit(s) first by translating the english =
handbook to my native
language (dutch) with the assistance of a team. I annoyed Simon and a =
few others too
much and got a commit bit so that I could do the things myself.

Later on I expressed interest in documenting and fixing documents that =
were on the
native English side as well, so I was allowed to commit there as well.

That was not granted untill I did a lot of work, submitted a lot of =
documentation etc.

So if you want to do this, please accept my suggestion in sending in a =
lot of high quality
documents and learn how sgml and the various doc projects work, given =
enough work
and hitting the "annoyance" factor, someone will punish you with a bit, =
that wont happen
over day, so stay tuned.

Rgrds,
Remko

--=20
/"\   Best regards,                        | remko@FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                      | remko@EFnet
X    http://www.evilcoder.org/    | Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
/ \   ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Against HTML Mail and News