Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:54:37 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        JF <OpsyDopsy@netcabo.pt>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: src compiling error

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> --AhhlLboLdkugWU4S
>
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 05:54:46AM +0100, JF wrote:
> > I installed 4.3 and cvsupdated yesterday (16/07/01)
> >=20
> > When I go for the first step of recompiling the sources (cd /usr/src && m=
> ake=20
> > buildworld) it gives me the following error:
> >=20
> > sh /usr/src/tools/install.sh -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 444     libmd.so.2=
> =20
> > /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib
> > ln -sf libmd.so.2 /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib/libmd.so
> > cd /usr/src/lib/libcrypt;  make depend;  make all;  make install
> > make: don't know how to make crypt-blowfish.c. Stop
> > *** Error code 2
>
> You're not cvsupping the entire source collection, although you
> shouldn't have to; the src-crypt collection is still supposed to be
> optional.  I think Peter broke this when he MFC'ed the new libcrypt.
>
> Kris
>
> --AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

> --AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--

The makefile checks to see if src/secure/lib/libcrypt/des-crypt.c exists,
and if so it assumes that the rest of the extended libcrypt stuff is
there.

It looks to me like you are cvsupping src, but are somehow excluding
the crypto stuff, but you still have got leftover antique crypto stuff
in the directory.

Can you please do a 'ls -l /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypt' and let us know
what it looks like?  Also, where are you cvsupping from?  It is possible
you are getting the old discontinued international-crypto release..
If so, that would also explain it because it hasn't been updated and you
have just been purely lucky until now.

Cheers,
-Peter