Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:08:21 -0500
From:      mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
To:        "Earl A. Killian" <earl@killian.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: host.conf

Please don't remove the cc: to questions.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 09:31:57PM -0800, Earl A. Killian wrote:
>  > Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:35:12 -0500
>  > From: mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
>  >
>  > host.conf.5 isn't listed in the MAN assignment at
>  > the top. If you add it, and re-make/re-install, you'll
>  > be fine. I've already sent in a pr on this.
>
> I think the host.conf.5 file would have to exist too.  (Browsing the
> CVS repository online I don't see it.)

Check this again. The pr number is 36492, and has already been
closed successfully. The file existed, but wasn't listed
in the makefile, and so was never built and installed.

> On a whim, I decided to see what else might be missing:
>
> gate% strings /usr/lib/libc.so | sort -u | perl -n -e 'if (m{^/etc/(.*)$}) { system("man 5 $1 > /dev/null"); }'
           ^--- Not all man pages are in section 5.

> No entry for host.conf in section 5 of the manual
fixed.

> No entry for localtime in section 5 of the manual
In section 3.

> No entry for malloc.conf in section 5 of the manual
In the fm for malloc(3).

> No entry for objformat in section 5 of the manual
In section 1.

> No entry for pwd.db in section 5 of the manual
> No entry for spwd.db in section 5 of the manual

And the db files are just data files that don't require a man page,
as they shouldn't be touched directly by any user.

If these files don't exist for you, then you're not cvsupping
everything.

mike