Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 1996 01:49:30 -0800
From:      patl@asimov.volant.org
To:        ulf@z-code.ncd.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ? Sourcecom InCarda router cards

|>  On Apr 5,  9:59pm, patl@asimov.volant.org wrote:
|>  > Subject: ? Sourcecom InCarda router cards
|>  > Does anyone on this list have any experience with InCarda router
|>  cards?
|>  > I'm looking for general impressions, as well as information about
|>  > whether there is any direct bus access, and how well they integrate
|>  > into a FreeBSD machine.
|>  >
|>  >
|>  > Thanks,
|>  > -Pat
|>  >-- End of excerpt from patl@asimov.volant.org
|>
|>  The bus interface is only used for power and for configuration (windoze
|>  software). Everything else runs via the V.35 and TP ethernet port.

Ah, it wasn't clear whether it was configuration only, or if it looked
like a network interface, making it a three port router.

The Web pages implied that the custom configuration software could
be bypassed completely in favor of SNMP; which would indicate that
the card should work reasonably well in a FreeBSD-only box.  But I'd
really like to find someone who can confirm that from experience.

|>  Look also at http://www.sourcecom.com/

That's where I found what info I have.

Thanks,
-Pat