Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:41:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Todd Cohen <cohentl@clarkson.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound card in Alphastation 200

Hi,
	I have FreeBSD 4.1-Release installed on an AlphaStation 200. I
want to get the sound card that came with this thing working so I added
the following to my kernel configuration (as found in HARDWARE.TXT):

device pcm0 at isa? port 0x530 irq 9 drq 0 flags 0x10011

The kernel detects the card, as shown in dmesg:

pcm0: <CS4231A> at port 0x530-0x537 irq 9 drq 0 flags 0x1a111 on isa0
drq/irq conf 84
pcm0: interrupting at ISA irq 9

When I try to play a song via mpg123, I get the following error.. any
ideas?

Sep  5 22:23:44 lizard /kernel: pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead