Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:04:51 +0800
From:      Ariff Abdullah <skywizard@MyBSD.org.my>
To:        pyunyh@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org, chris@luethy.net
Subject:   Re: i386/74191: Notebook PC2001 Compliant AC97 audio works for only first 15 seconds

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:29:15 +0900
Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't sure what caused this but it seems that there is a bug in
> interrupt handler.
>
> In stock t4dwave(4), we have the following code in tr_intr().
>     725         intsrc = tr_rd(tr, TR_REG_MISCINT, 4);
>     726         if (intsrc & TR_INT_ADDR) {
>     727                 chnum = 0;
>     728                 while (chnum < 64) {
>                                        ^^^
>     729                         mask = 0x00000001;
>
> I think it would be 32 for M5451 as the hardware only supports 32
> channels. The correct one should be selected by checking
> pci_get_devid().  Ariff, what's your opinion?

I can't comment on that (but probably worth a try). What keep bugging me
is that there is a possibility that XMMS itself is the culprit (XMMS is
notoriously keep polling / accessing / reading / abusing /dev/mixer) and
somehow cause the entire ac97 codec failed.

To the originator, could you please try playing mp3 using mpg123 or
mpg321? Don't fire up xmms or mplayer or xine or mixer whatever. Do it
in a clean environment, especially single user mode or without X.

--

Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD

http://www.MyBSD.org.my (IPv6/IPv4)