Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 15:30:53 -0700
From:      "blue spiked punk" <alura@my-deja.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A walk through of the tcp/ip stack

Hello,

I'd like to walk through an ip stack.  I'd like to see how packets
are (dis)assembled, inspected, created, passed on, etc.  The most
help I've gotten so far is that the source is available here on the web:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/

I've looked through some of the files there, but i'm not sure I understand how they all fit together.

I could be going at this from the wrong angle, so does anyone have suggestions as to where to start ?  Am i starting too big?  If i am,
what should i start with that will eventually enable me to step
through an ip stack?

thanks for any pointers