Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:48:22 -0700
From:      "Steve Franks" <stevefranks@ieee.org>
To:        "Bruce M Simpson" <bms@incunabulum.net>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Most useful JTAG page ever.

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net> wrote:
> At least two folk have asked me for this link:
>
>   http://www.freelabs.com/~whitis/electronics/jtag/
>
> He hits the nail on the head, explains clearly the political and economic
> problems JTAG has faced, and explains graphically how it fits together with
> clear schematic diagrams.
>
> cheers
> BMS

Note that ports/devel/urjtag has become a relatively comprehensive
tool for operating jtag dongles with bsdl & svf files.  It operates on
alot of the things mentioned as properietary or difficult in this
document, but the Xilinx brand cable is still slow (ft2232 cables are
best).  Yes, I am the new maintainer, so I'm biased ;)

Steve