Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 13:21:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        kpielorz@caladan.tdx.co.uk
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aha1542 - again...

> I read a while ago there were problems with the existing AHA1542 support
> on -current... I also read that someone (I can't remember now who it was)
> said they'd been through the code and fixed up a few things...
[snip]
> I know CAM is looking almost 'immanent' - but can anyone confirm whether
> the 1542 driver is in any useable state in -current at the moment?

Well, I can tell you at least that I'm using one on a week-old
-current, with no worries.  The box is a ISA/EISA/VLB 486, AHA1542CF
presently with two HDDs, a CD-ROM, and a CD-R.  Note that my box only
has 16 MB, which means anything bounce buffer-related will not hit
me.

Happy hacking,
joelh

--