Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 1997 19:59:53 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Undesirable links to www.FreeBSD.org (was: Cool Page!  Your page rules.  Too cool.  Great design)

The solution?  Simple; configure www.freebsd.org to redirect any requests
that have a Referer: header from that page to a page that says "you know,
morons use all OSes.  That is an example of a FreeBSD-using moron.  There
are also Linux using morons, MacOS using morons and Plan 9 using morons.
Don't take the word of any moron to represent the OS.  Follow this link to
go to the page originally requested; hope you like FreeBSD even if morons
are allowed to use it".  Easy to setup with Apache.

However, that would require that the page matter and the fact is it
doesn't.  It is stupid; nothing more, nothing less.