Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 14:47:18 +0200
From:      Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
To:        FreeBSD-ISDN@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dillema@huygens.org
Subject:   i4b on NetBSD-1.3.1...

Hello everybody,

I made a first attempt to test i4b on NetBSD. It looks quite a bit improved
over bisdn. Thanks  to the authors for a job well done so far. I got i4b
without much setup trouble to run on NetBSD-1.3.1 (thought some of you might
be interested in this little fact).

After a few days of operation, however, I noticed some strange things which
may or may not be due to i4b. I ftp-ed i4b last week, so I think I have the
latest version. It runs on an Intel machine with a Teles 16.3 card running
NetBSD-1.3.1 + i4b.

Mystery case:
I have 2 analog phones on a A/B converter each with its own MSN. A friend
of mine reported not being able to call one of them, while having no
problems with the other. Others didn't seem to have problems calling this
MSN. These problems were reported over time intervals my i4b machine was
switched on (probably without an isdnd actually running at the time).
When I got the last problem report, I halted my machine and he was able to
call the problematic tel. number again (so it looks these things are
correlated).

I haven't made a serious attempt to track the problem down yet. Mainly as
I can hardly imagine how i4b and the telephone interfere, and then only for one
of the tel. numbers. Can one of you tell me whether I must be halicinating
or paranoid or that there's a bug to track down.

Maybe related observation made:

I get lots of `Illegal State' messages when voice calls are in progress.
I'll see if I can get a sample of these later this week and send them to
the list, as I would like some support in analyzing the (still rather
obscure to me) debugging messages.

Note, that data traffic with sppp and i4b just seems to work like a charm.
(even after the Illegal State messages, so i4b seems to recover pretty well)

greetings,

Feico Dillema

-I do not have a problem with my last name.
-University of Twente, P.O. Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands