Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:16:20 +0800
From:      Oyster Liu <oyster@dns.homenet.com.tw>
To:        wpaul@ctr.columbia.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   About the tigon chipset driver (giga NIC) for freebsd ?

--------------AABA964EB733445383CD9790

Hi, Paul :
     I am a system engineer. I am studying the FreeBSD with the giga
NIC.
     Now, I used the FreeBSD 3.4 and Alteon AltNIC to test the giga
function. When I use this included driver and MTU=1500 ( I have changed
the tcp window size to 65536). I got the good response. But, when I
changed the MTU to 9000, this system would not run smoothly. We
obviously found the delay (very serious).
     Could you help me to solve this question ?  Is it the memory buffer
problem ?

(My equipments:
    1. HP LPr server with 1GB ram (PIII 500)
    2. Alteon giga NIC for PCI
    3. FreeBSD 3.4
    4. Alteon switch 180 Plus
    We use this server for the www server and the access hit rate was
very high. )

Thanks!

Oyster Liu

--------------AABA964EB733445383CD9790

begin:vcard
n:Liu;Chen-Hao
tel;fax:886-6-2753494
tel;work:886-6-2754047
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Homenet Technology Ltd. Co (福通科技股份有限公司);System & engineer Department
adr:;;12F-1,297, Sec. 2, Tung-Men Road;Tainan;;701;Taiwan/ROC
version:2.1
email;internet:oyster@homenet.com.tw
title:Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;-9600