Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:59:21 -0500
From:      Thomas Hrdina <thrdina@ibm.net>
To:        Nesi Unanaowo <nesi_unanaowo@net.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISP connect problem

--------------17830501511C9C1BC44AD9EA

Nesi Unanaowo wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am posting the web page that has the ppp.conf file which
> is part of the tutorial. The command that gave me "invalid command"
> error is the first command sequence of the tutorial which has the
> form:
> #ppp at yourmachinename> pass yoursecretkeyatpppprompt<enter>
> I replaced "yoursecretkeyatpppprompt" with my correct account
> password.

"yoursecretkeyatpppprompt" is not your password

your password should be stored in the ppp.conf file after "set authkey"

regards, th

--------------17830501511C9C1BC44AD9EA

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" LINK="#D70000" VLINK="#D70000" ALINK="#D70000" stylesrc="../../_private/wurd_style.htm">
Nesi Unanaowo wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>Hi,
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am posting the web page that has the ppp.conf file which
is part of the tutorial. The command that gave me "invalid command"
error is the first command sequence of the tutorial which has the
form:
#ppp at yourmachinename> pass yoursecretkeyatpppprompt&lt;enter>
I replaced "yoursecretkeyatpppprompt" with my correct account
password.</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<U>"yoursecretkeyatpppprompt"</U> is not your password

<P>your password should be stored in the ppp.conf file after "set authkey"

<P>regards, th
</BODY>
</HTML>