Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 1996 09:55:10 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
Cc:        firewalls@greatcircle.com, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q on using "netpipes" for firewall maintanance tasks

  From: "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
  Hello people,

  I'm now in a search for safer but convenient rsh(1) replacement for some
  tasks of firewall day-to-day operation, i.e. gathering some stats, etc.
  to an inside machine.  Firewall is composed of FreeBeasts (I like
  that spelling of FreeBSD! :)  no fancy black Cisco boxen for filtering
  routers.

  So, I'm seriously considering netpipes as a transport -- only a server
  part is on the firewall machine(s), bound to a preselected set
  of ports, with /bin/sh script attached to it.

  Where am I wrong?

Not buying the cisco box.