Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 2020 14:53:41 +0100
From:      Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
To:        "Ronald Klop" <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
Cc:        "Michael Gmelin" <freebsd@grem.de>, FreeBSD-ports@freebsd.org, "Daniel Morante" <daniel@morante.net>
Subject:   Re:  Xorg 1.20 no mouse buttons

On Sat, 07 Mar 2020 10:48:05 +0100
"Ronald Klop" <ronald-lists@klop.ws> wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Mar 2020 23:24:46 +0100, Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
> wrote:
>=20
> > =EF=BB=BF
> > =20
> >> On 5. Mar 2020, at 14:46, Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws> wrote:
> >>
> >> =EF=BB=BFHi,
> >>
> >> I needed "sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=3D6" to switch from sysmouse
> >> to "hardware mouse". That fixed mouse integration with VirtualBox.
> >>
> >> Still have weird behaviour. Two finger swipe down & up (which
> >> normally only scrolls) makes the browser go back. With xev I see
> >> that next to logical button 4 & 5 for scrolling this also triggers
> >> logical buttons 8 & 9. Swipe down presses 8 & 9 and up releases
> >> the buttons. Why? =20
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please check/post the outputs of:
> > libinput list-devices
> > xinput list
> > xinput list-props <mouse device id> =20
>=20
> See atttachments. "unnamed" is the vboxmouse driver which comes with
> the virtualbox-ose-additions pkg.
>=20

I reproduced the problem here in virtualbox (on a MacBook +
12.1-RELEASE, but close enough). Note that I didn't need the vmmouse
driver to reproduce it. It also doesn't seem to come with the
virtualbox-ose-additions package [anymore]?!

That said:
I could see the issue you're talking about when two finger scrolling
sideways - this means, if I'm not scrolling 100% straight. When running
xev and being really focused to move two fingers vertically, I don't get
buttons 8 and 9. This is not practical though and I can see why you're
annoyed by that.

Fortunately, buttons 8 and 9 can be disabled quite easily:

  # xinput set-button-map 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 0

This is for device id 9 (intellimouse), which did the trick in my setup.

In case device id 10 is relevant in your setup, you can also try:

  # xinput set-button-map 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 0

And in case of 11 (this is the one from the vmmouse driver):

  # xinput set-button-map 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 0

You can verify that the setting caught on by calling:

  # xinput get-button-map <device-id>

If this does the trick for you, you can simply put it into your
~/.xinitrc to set it automatically on startx.

Cheers,
Michael

--=20
Michael Gmelin