Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:22:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andrzej Szydlo <andrzej@tu.kielce.pl>
To:        keithl@wakko.gil.net (Keith Leonard)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OK, Let's phrase it a different way...

> Going on what you said about going scsi - I recently saw an ad for a new
> portable tape drive called the eagle TR-4 ($399.00)  from Exabyte. The ad
> only mentions that TR-3 ($219.00) comes with a controller card but doesn't
> mention whether it's scsi or not. The only other scsi tape backups I've
> seen are in the $700 to $1000 dollar range which hurts alot more that
> trying to get a QIC 40/80 to work.
>
> Do you know anything about the TR-3 or 4?? I've seen Exabyte mentioned
> before on this list (favorably).

I don't know about Exabyte, but Colorado T3000 (Travan-3) are not SCSI.
Colorado T4000 (Travan-4) are SCSI and cost here about $400 internal
and $450 external, without controller. The cassete (8GB with compression)
for T4000 is $40. Have anyone used Colorado tape drives with FreeBSD?

Andrzej
andrzej@eden.tu.kielce.pl