Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 2003 04:27:00 -0600
From:      "Ash Christopher" <achrsto@ucalgary.ca>
To:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Postgresql problem; affecting other startup scripts....

Hello,=20

I just recently installed postgresql-7.3.3_1 on my system (FreeBSD 5.1). =
Since installing the software, no other programs are run on startup =
anymore. My apache, samba, sendmail, mysql etc... dont get run. I have =
not read anything about incompatibilities with other packages. I have =
removed the postgres startup shell from my /usr/local/etc/rc.d folder, =
but it still seems to get run....which is weird...

Have you heard of this problem before?? and how might I go about =
resolving it??

Thanks,
Ash Christopher