Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:33:55 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au, dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: qcam in kernel - build died

> Ugh.  Please don't kill the NFS ccode[1] until after I've had a chance
> to hack on it in a nice clean framework so that it can actually be made
> (1) to work, and (2) to be understandable to mortals who don't have the
> inclination to understand why there are all these wierd upcalls all over
> the place [2].

You want the NFS code?  It's yours!  That poor code has lacked a
maintainer/mentor/father/... ever since Doug Rabson was scooped up by
an alien spaceship with suspiciously familiar markings and forced to
work on NT.

And unlike the situation with the quickcam, the Linux folks have
already proven that putting NFS into user space is *not* a good idea
(at least not for production work) and you are safe from competition
on that quarter. :-)

					Jordan