Date:      Sat, 30 May 2009 13:44:42 +0100
From:      Matt Dawson <matt@chronos.org.uk>
To:        Markus =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCnkler?= <markus@amobos.org>, "freebsd-x11" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing kde4/kdelibs4

--nextPart2565467.AHb08NFmf6

On Saturday 30 May 2009 11:29:12 you wrote:
> > Hello guys!
> > I have a problem installing kde4. Everytime i want to build the
> > sources, make install stops with fetching or applying the patches to
> > the port. My port version of kdelibs4 is 4.1.1. Is that the actual
> > version? I used portsnap for fetching the
> > newest ports.

Your ports tree is still out of date. The current version of KDE4 in ports =
is=20
4.2.3.

http://www.freshports.org/x11/kde4/

I would advise you to remove anything relating to KDE4 (qt4, phonon etc.) t=
hat=20
did build and start again with a fresh ports tree, perhaps using csup and a=
=20
local mirror (see the handbook) instead of portsnap to ensure you have the=
=20
latest of everything. 4.1.1 is from January 5th and there have been four=20
updates to the metaport alone since then.

subjects such as this rather than using the freebsd-x11@ list. The KDE on=20
=46reeBSD team all hang out there and answers will probably be much more=20
informative and relevant.