Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:39:34 -0600
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: native jdk release schedule question

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 10:03:00AM +0300, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
> Greg Lewis wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 02:31:45PM +0200, Dani Irinchev wrote:
> >
> >>I am trying to find any information regarding the release schedules of
> >>native java1.4 in binary form. As far as I understand the license allows
> >>for
> >>a binary distribution. On the freebsd site latest news regarding java is
> >>from December 2003. How do things look like? Or my question makes no sense
> >>at all?
> >
> >We hope to have something out soon.  This is contingent on volunteer time
> >to complete the necessary work.  Things are quite close though.
>
> I suppose that if you needed help from non-javateam members you'd asked,
> right?

Correct :).  I may have been amiss in this case though.  The native version
for FreeBSD 4.x needs some final tests that you can only do if you have an
NDA with the Foundation or Sun.  However, the native version for 5.x won't
happen until we can figure out why jdb (and anything else that uses JVMPI
or JVMDI) doesn't like KSEs.  If anyone is interested, thats definitely a
worthwhile project.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org