Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 23:09:57 -0400
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
To:        Dan <dphoenix@bravenet.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: memtest

++ 07/08/01 20:03 -0700 - Dan:
| cd /usr/ports/sysutils/memtest;make install;memtest all
|
| core dump.
| just thought i would let author know.

From memtest(1):

       memtest takes the first supplied argument as the amount of
       memory to test.  The value 'all' means to test all
       available memory. However, the value 'all' may not work on
       all systems, so a specific amount of memory might have to
       be specified. A specific amount of memory can be supplied
       as a number, followed by a letter to indicate units:

memtest appears to be working on my system when I specify a specific
amount of memory, but I also observe a core dump with 'all'.

-pete

--
Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Databits Network Services, Inc. <http://databits.net>;