Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 09:49:13 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yahoo!!!

Hi Catlord,

>On Tue, 13 May 2003 19:16:39 -0700 (PDT) RexFelis <catlord17@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>

>Hi, everyone!
>
>I have been a lurker for quite some time, with a
>few questions to the -questions mailing list here
>and there.  Mostly, I just read, make my own
>mistakes, and muddle through them.
>
>I was just reading a request for help on the
>newbies list and I realized that I understood
>what was wrong by the error message!  Not that I
>know the answer, but I understood the error
>message.  That was a big surprise for me.... it
>means I understand (finally!) the
>disk/partition/slice naming conventions.  I
>thought I'd never get that.  lol

(snip)

Congrats. Seems like your starting to get past the learning curve...
I know exactly how you feel.

>I LOVE FreeBSD!!!

(snip)

So does everybody that's stuck with it long enough to see why it's so
useful. (Read - everyone that's learned enough to complete the install.)

As a side note, since my first install, I have now installed freebsd on
around 20 different computers with almost no errors. (It was mostly just
learning what things, like "out of inodes", meant; now I can install it
right the first time, almost every time.)

>Just loving PortUpgrade and Make Buildworld/Make
>Buildkernel.  This is the good life.  :)

Yeah, I just love the script maintainers around here. (I recently upgraded
my comp. after about an 8 month stretch; not a single problem.)

>Shannon

Just thought I'd give my thoughts,
Clayton