Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 1999 08:27:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
Cc:        (FreeBSD Mobile List) <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Why is pccardd asiging IRQ 10 to my modem?

On 04-Mar-99 Stan Brown wrote:
>       I am trying to get a 3COM 3CCM556 modem card to work in my HP Omnibook
>       7100. In geting the ethernet card to work (thanks to some helpful list
>       memebers), I learned that on this machine, using IRQ is a vad thing.
>       Now after looking at dmesg's output it appears that IRQ 10 is being
>       saigned to my modem! I have remove IRQ10 from the list of available
>       ones in pccard.conf, but this is still hapening.
>
>       This is on 3.0 from the CD. How can I fix this? and whay is it
>       hapenng?

A couple of questions:

1)  Is IRQ 10 being assigned to sioX?  If so, then you need to work on the
kernel.

2)  Is IRQ 10 being assigned when the driver is added to the hardware?  If that
is the case, then you need to find which driver is being assigned, and edit
that part of pccard.conf.   You can use "pccardc dumpcis" to get the
information about the card.

Someone else will need to comment on the ability of the sio driver to work
without an IRQ.

Patrick

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9