Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:13:12 -0700
From:      Eli Dart <dart@nersc.gov>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh questions

--==_Exmh_303021056P

You can also edit the public key so that access granted to the
private key is only for running a given command.

For example, if you want to check the status of network connections
on the remote machine periodically, you can do this:

from="ip_address_of_polling_host",command="/usr/bin/netstat -inb",no-pty,no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding ssh-dss AAA...(rest of key)

The output of netstat -inb will show up on stdout on the local
machine.

		--eli

> "jack xiao" <jack_xiao99@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am ruunig ssh under FreeBSD4.5. It works=A0fine, but I am=A0wondering i=
> f anybody
> > has any experience of using ssh without inputing username and password. I=
> t's
> > for a cron job on my box...
>
> Sure.  You use DSA or RSA authentication, and no passphrase.=20=20
> See the manual.
>
> [You need to be very careful about this kind of configuration, though;
> if possible, give the ssh identity a userid with no login privileges...]

--==_Exmh_303021056P

--==_Exmh_303021056P--