Date:      Sat, 13 Aug 2005 21:44:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        karolis.t@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sending commands to USB device

In message: <6f896f9a0508132011248c83c4@mail.gmail.com>
            Karolis Tamutis <karolis.t@gmail.com> writes:
: Hello, I'm trying to write basic drivers for my Motorola C650 phone,
: based on moto4linux project. By default, phone is connected in AT
: mode, guy from moto4linux simply sends "AT+MODE=8" to acm device to
: change mode to p2k. I've tried same thing on ugen0, no reaction. Is is
: not possible to send commands to device directly in a way of echo
: "command" /dev/ugenX ? Thanks for your time.

The acm device is umodem on FreeBSD, typically.  I'd say give that a
try.

Warner