Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:06:36 -0700
From:      "Max Clark" <max.clark@media.net>
To:        "Duane Stark" <duane@drasticproductions.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Qmail Upgrade

Duane,

If this is only a software upgrade I would suggest running a make world on
your current box. FreeBSD accounts or vpopmail accounts?

I've never tried to migrate system accounts, I would assume that this would
entail setting up ldap/kerberos/nis or some type of sso service. Vpopmail
should be easy, just copy over your vpopmail installation directory and then
run the "upgrade" on the new server to the same directory.

You might want to check on the vpopmail part of that, but that's how I would
do it.

Max