Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:50:47 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Stanislav Sedov <stas@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Enabling GPG Crypt & Key lookup on EXMH 2.7.2

Hi ports@,
The problem below with GPG Crypt & Exmh is solved:

"Julian Stacey" wrote:
> Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> > "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org> mentioned:
> > > Hi ports@freebsd.org
> > > Does anyone have GPG working with EXMH ?
> > > If so I'd be inyerested to know what bits you consider important in
> > > 	~/.exmh/exmh-defaults
> > > 	/var/db/pkg/
> > > I asked exmh-users@redhat.com, & posted my config there,
> > > but no answers overnight, & I suspect this is a FreeBSD config issue.
> >
> > Post your config here so we can take a look.
> >
> > Stanislav Sedov
>
> Thanks, here below:
> BTW
> I only the problem encrypting is with EXMH-2.7.2 on my amd64 6.2-rel,
> decrypting is OK now I have installed security/quintuple-agent for q-client
>
> On my 7.0-rel i386 I can use the same gpg keys to encode with mail/claws-mail,
> & can also manually gpg encrypt.

The solution was worked out on another list, here's a posting:
-----
To: Discussion list for EXMH users <exmh-users@redhat.com>
From: "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 23:28:32 +0200, Julian Stacey said:
>
> > Thanks both, I've got it working now.
> > Well, nearly, with the exception that I have to keep typing passphrase.
> > q-client is manually running, & I exported the env before calling exmh,
> > & q-client is callable, but but "q-client list" show empty.
>
> That's probably at least partially due to the fact that the last time I touched
> the PGP code (and I think I was the last to do so),

I'm running exmh-2.7.2 on FreeBSD-6.2

> q-client didn't exist yet.

After 	cd /usr/ports/mail/exmh2 ; make extract
	ie at architercture neutral level before any customising
	for FreeBSD specific as in 'make patch' called by macros
	of 'make all'
There are just 2 q-client strings:

 lib/extrasInit.tcl:
	{pgp(getextcmd) pgpGetExtCmd {/usr/bin/q-client get %s} {Method to query external passphrase cache}
 lib/extrasInit.tcl:
	{pgp(delextcmd) pgpDelExtCmd {/usr/bin/q-client delete %s} {Method to invalidate external passphrase cache}

& no more q-client dtrings after make patch.
I would guess Exmh is missing some "q-client put" calls to
load the socket the first time the passphrase is typed in gor gpg -d ?

Harvey Eneman  <Harvey.Eneman@oracle.com> wrote:

> I think you need to set your pgpKeepPass to 1.

Thanks, Yes I'd tried that before, but it had locked up,
When I changed pgpKeepPass to 1, & then clicked in body on " Decrypt
and verify with GnuPG" the display reduced from:
	This is a GnuPG signed and encrypted message
	 Decrypt and verify with GnuPG
	This is a application/pgp
	It might be displayable with metamail.	(Invoke menu with right button.)
		charset = US-ASCII
		format = text
To just:
	PGP execution produced no messages.
Now I realise the code needs extending to use eg "q-client put",
I must abandon external till then, so I have also set
	Use external passphrase cache	Off.
& now all works.

Valdis,
If you fancy adding some TCL to call q-client put to load the values
sometime, I can be a tester (though busy next few days).

Thanks all for you advice.
(BTW off topic I believe gpg-agent worked with claws-mail to load passphrases,
but I got stuck with other problems there, so reverted to exmh :-)

Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich www
.berklix.com