Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 01:09:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: poor ethernet performance?

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, David Schwartz wrote:

> > 	I never said adding more machines.  I am just saying that you
> > tested the stuff before the cable is connected between the two devices.
> > Unless you test the cable while the two devices are using the cable, you
> > wouldn't really know the properties of the cable after use since magnetic
> > energy does build up when there is current flowing through the cable for a
> > period of time.
>
> 	Magnetic energy building up over a period of time on an Ethernet cable? Are
> you one of those people who waits a few minutes before opening the microwave
> door?

	No... but I'm just saying that cable properties do change over
time.  When current flows, there is energy build up...

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]