Date:      Mon, 09 Sep 2002 22:13:20 -0400
From:      "Michael A. Smith" <msmith@code-fu.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mounting USB digital camera on ugen0

I've got a Leica Digilux 4.3 (a re-branded Fujifilm 4700) digital camera
which connects to my PC via USB. I'm running FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE. When I
plug the camera in and turn it on, this gets written to /var/log/messages:

Sep  9 21:41:58 aphrodite /kernel: ugen0: Fuji Film USB Mass Storage,
rev 1.10/10.00, addr 2

This sounds promising.

Now I'm trying to mount /dev/ugen0 and not getting anywhere. I've tried:

mount_msdos /dev/ugen0 /camera

(directory /camera already created, running command as root to avoind
permission problems while trying this out. I've also tried mount instead
of mount_msdos, but I'm assuming this is DOS-readable since I can get
into it when I boot to Windows)

and I get:

mount_msdos: ugen0: Block device required

I've been running Google searches (and rummaging through the Handbook)
for the past hour with little success. Any clues out there??

This is one of the past things (outside of games) that requires me to
reboot into Windows. I'd love to do this in FreeBSD.

Thanks!
--
Michael A. Smith <msmith@code-fu.com>
Programmer at Large