Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:08:54 -0500
From:      Scott Ullrich <sullrich@CRE8.COM>
To:        'Guido van Rooij' <guido@gvr.org>, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Scott Ullrich <sullrich@CRE8.COM>, 'Archie Cobbs' <archie@dellroad.org>, "'greg.panula@dolaninformation.com'" <greg.panula@dolaninformation.com>, FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: IPsec packets seen on wrong interface by ipfw (was Re: IPsec/ gif VPN tunnel packets on wrong NIC in ipfw?)

Guido,

I am using a tunneling device (gif0).

How are we supposed to fix the issue with your patch installed?  If we need
to add more rules, that's fine but what would these rules be?  Are they
before the divert?  After the divert, etc?

Is there a bug in ipfw?  Either way, these changes should be noted in
UPDATING since there are most likely a lot more people out there using gif
tunnels.

Thanks,

Scott
PS: I tried allowing the gif device rules (before and after the divert),
allowing the internal addresses (before and after the divert rules) to no
avail with your patch installed.