Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 2004 21:32:26 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Standard sbc and pcm support in GENERIC kernel?

--Boundary-02=_dVjSApiGTxu4jIh

On Saturday 06 March 2004 21:12, Helge Oldach wrote:
> BTW, why not make PNPBIOS on by default in 4-STABLE? Is this a "danger
> of breaking things, aka POLA violation" against "prepare for 5.x
> upgrade" case?

I don't really have experience to support this (I upgraded a 4.4 box to=20
5.0-CURRENT once), but I think upgrading 4.x boxes to 5.x from source is=20
pretty messy anyway, just thinking of all the renamed/moved/removed=20
binaries... but maybe someone has already prepared a script to help cleanin=
g=20
a freshly upgrading system? I'd definitely be interested in such a thing.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org