Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:22:39 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: background pixmap at boot time

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> I may be wrong but wasn't there a facility to allow for a background
> picture to show at boot time or setup time (a la MS dark blue screen
> at Win95 setup or Win95 coudy sky)? The motif will be another question,
> though.
>
> --
> Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de

Michael Smith prepared patch for -current to do this. It works and it's
nice :-) He put it at his ftp site, but the URL escaped me.

BTW, I think there should be an ioctl call to this to turn it off at the
end of booting (just before the login prompt comes up), to avoid confusion
amongst unaware ones ;-) It took me some time to guess what key is used to
patches and don't read the docs to the very end).

Andy

Andrzej Bialecki <abial@warman.org.pl>    _)    _)   _)_)   _)_)_) _)  _)
Research and Academic Network in Poland   _)  _)_) _)_)_)_)     _) _) _)
Bartycka 18, 00-716 Warsaw, Poland        _)    _) _)    _) _)_)_) _)  _)