Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:38:29 EST
From:      "bruces" <bruces@chemques.petech.ac.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org;
Subject:   FWD: RE SLIP and FreeBSD installation

Help me please, urgently.

I'm trying an install of FreeBSD via FTP and the install cannot recognize my
ethernet card. I have read in the manual about hardwired SLIP installation
and I have a few questions. The machine that the ethernet card does work on
is not the one I am attempting to install FreeBSD onto. It is running MSDOS
6.22, Novell Netware version 4, Win 3.1 and Trumpet Winsock 1.0. Is it
possible, and what do I need to do/install, to install FreeBSD by linking my
machine to the network machine via either a null modem cable or laplink
cable, and utilising a SLIP install. Time is no object in this case. Will I
need any software on the network machine, like somw sort of SLIP server or
not.

This is getting urgent so please answer ASAP.

Also, has anyone done, or going to do, a port of Doom or Doom2 to FreeBSD
platform.

Thanks

Bruce Smith