Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2004 07:50:17 -0500
From:      "David L. Murray" <dlmurray@ij.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Keyboard won't work.

                  When trying to install BreeBSD 5.2, I can't get past
the main Sysinstall screen.  The system won't respond to keyboard
commands.  I'm trying to install from CD purchased from BSD Mall.  I use
hard drive trays on my computer and am writing this
my eComstation drive.
                   I've been able to glean from the messages that fly
by, this concerning the keyboard.

                           It is on IRQ1
                           keyboard attach       attach     returned 6
                           atkbd0     attach    returned 6

                    It is an old IBM PS2 keyboard
                     Motherboard      EPOX 8K5A2+
                     Chipset               VIA KT333  AGPset (KT333 +
VT8235)
                     Video card         ATI Radeon 9000
                     Hard Drive         IBM DTTA-371010 E182115 HG
10.1 GB
                     CD-RW              Plextor PX-W4824TA
                     Processor             AMD Athlon  XP 2400+

                   I went to the manual web pages and looked up the
returned 6 code.     It said the device was not configured, essentially, it
said input or output on a special file referred to a  device that did
not exist or made or made a request beyond the limits of the device.
I found nothing in the Handbook referring to this.            Any
suggestions.                    There isn't much I can do if the the system
doesn't respond to the keyboard.    As you can see the keyboard works
fine.  It also works fine with my Linux drive.   Thank you.