Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:31:22 -0400
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "asr0: Blink LED 0x3 resetting adapter" adaptec 2100S

On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 01:59 , Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC=20
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I run an adadptec 2100S.  Today it displayed the following message, =
and=20
> while the system was still "running" and pingable, you couldn't do=20
> anything include login.
>
> "asr0: Blink LED 0x3 resetting adapter"

It happened again, this time 0x68 in the message.  The machine is=20
running but the adapter resets itself and seems to go offline. =20
Rebooting gets it going again for a few hours.  Adaptec tech support=20
thought  maybe a bad cache memory module or something.  They didn't find=20=

a 0x68 for blink codes listed in their manuals.

I will be trying some other memory...

Chad