Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 1995 21:58:55 +1100 (DST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   atapi.flp

Hi,

a couple of days ago I posted a question about the atapi.flp disk for the
latest snapshot.  My question was that I had an IDE CDROM connected to
the second IDE controller on a pentium motherboard and 2 hard disks on
the first controller.  The second controller wasn't being detected so the
CD wasn' detected either.

I have managed to progress from here but still have some problems.  I
moved teh second disk to the second controller and made the CD the second
device on the first controller.  I don't have a BSD CD (yet) so the main
point of the exercise was to see if I could detect the drive.  I now get
the following messages during bootup with the atapi.flp disk:

wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): <CD420E/1.02>, removable, iordy
atapi0.1: unknown phase

the disk progresses through some more device probes as normal and goes to
run init and then just hangs - just a blank screen with a non-blinking
solid cursor in the bottom left-hand corner...

can anyone help ??

Thanks
Carey

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !