Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:02:42 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jose Gabriel J Marcelino <gabriel@fisica.ist.utl.pt>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 17" monitor recomendations..

> - Nokia 447Xi
> - ViewSonic PT775
> - Samsung Syncmaster 700p

For a small price difference you can get the Nokia 447Xpro.. It's by far
the best monitor I saw (haven't seen the Viewsonics or the IIyamas...).
Stay away from the Samsungs, they're really crap.

The Nokia 447Xpro specs are:

30-96Khz horizontal frequency
50-150 Hz vertical refresh
160Mhz bandwith
.25 Trinitron apperture grille

Running very stable under XFree86 on my Millenium II up to 1600x1200 76Hz.
Reseller price in Portugal for this baby is US$780.

--
Jose Gabriel J Marcelino
  gabriel@maquina.com